As a Flexographic Press Operator, you will lead your respective team in safety, quality and productivity during the production of paperboard packaging.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrive at work on time and during scheduled hours, working additional overtime as needed.
- Follow all written procedures. Report discrepancies in procedures to the Operations Manager.
- Maintain good personal hygiene. Wear designated uniform maintained in good condition.
- Wear personal protective equipment as required; refer to job-specific work instructions.
- Perform all work in a safe manner. Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area.
- Listen to, follow and relay written and verbal instructions in English.
- Operate assigned equipment to best of ability, ensuring safety, quality of goods and productivity for yourself and any assigned Assistant Operators or Helper/Packers.
- Re-positions printing plates, adjust pressure rolls, or otherwise adjusts machines to improve print quality, using knobs, and wheels, or hand tools.
- Sets and adjusts speed, ink flow, and positions and pressure tolerances of equipment.
- Inspects and examines printed products for print clarity, color accuracy, conformance to specifications, and external defects using specific test methods and equipment.
- Pushes buttons,turns handles or moves controls and levers to start and control press.
- Performs all tasks according to the production schedule.
- Use quality instruments to measure quality with industry-specific equipment
- Read tape measure in metric and standard measurement systems
- Continuously perform visual inspections to ensure product meets or exceeds customer specifications.
- Count items accurately to maintain accurate inventory of materials produced, supplies used and available inventory
- Perform minor maintenance such as oiling/lubricating machine parts
- Attend required training and/or meetings: safety, quality and productivity
- Train assistant operators and others, as required, to achieve company objectives
- Actively participate in continuous improvement projects
- Communicate with other plant personnel to solve production problems, as a team
- Operate powered industrial equipment such as sit-down forklifts, clamp trucks and walk-behind pallet jacks
- Record safety,quality, production and maintenance data on various paperwork and computers as required
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the entire facility
- Assist in packing product, as needed.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Education | High School Degree or GED
Experience | At least 2 years of experience on Flexographic Press, Comco Commander experience preferred
Abilities, knowledge, and skills required are as follows:
- Basic electro-mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read standard and metric tape measures
- Experience operating production equipment
- Ability to work as part of team
- Reading comprehension
- Sit less than 1 hour and both stand or walk for 5-7 hours.
- Frequently lift/carry less than 40 lbs.
- Occasionally lift/ carry more than 40 lbs.
- Have moderate manual dexterity.
All work is performed in an indoor, climate and temperature controlled, packaging facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery.