As a Folder Gluer Operator, you will lead your respective team in safety, quality and productivity during the production of paperboard packaging.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all written procedures. Report discrepancies in procedures to the Plant Manager.
- Maintain good personal hygiene. Wear designated uniform maintained in good condition.
- Wear personal protective equipment as required; refer to job-specific work instructions.
- Perform all work in a safe manner. Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area.
- Listen to, follow and relay written and verbal instructions in English.
- Operate assigned equipment to best of ability, ensuring safety, quality of goods and productivity for yourself and any assigned Assistant Operators or Packers.
- Read production order forms and produce products according to company and customer specifications
- Sets up bar code scanners, glue detectors, jam sensors kick and ejection systems.
- Locates correct job and loads in folder/gluer to produce finished product.
- Prepares make-ready feeder, pre-fold, glue system, final fold, delivery, stacker, bar code reader, pack station and inspection system.
- Demonstrates competency in all basic folds: straight-line, lock-bottom, inner partition, 5th panels and 4 and 6 corner trays.
- Demonstrates competency in the use of the Valco or W.H. Leary inspection system.
- Operates folder/gluer in accordance with customer specifications and current standard operating procedures.
- Use quality instruments to measure quality with industry-specific equipment
- Read tape measure in metric and standard measurement systems
- Continuously perform visual inspections to ensure product meets or exceeds customer specifications.
- Count items accurately to maintain accurate inventory of materials produced, supplies used and available inventory
- Perform minor maintenance such as oiling/lubricating machine parts
- Attend required training and/or meetings: safety, quality and productivity
- Train assistant operators and others, as required, to achieve company objectives
- Actively participate in continuous improvement projects
- Communicate with other plant personnel to solve production problems, as a team
- Operate powered industrial equipment such as sit-down forklifts, clamp trucks and walk-behind pallet jacks
- Record safety, quality, production and maintenance data on various paperwork and computers as required
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the entire facility
- Assist in packing product, as needed.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Education | High School Degree or GED
Experience | At least 2 years of experience on Bobst or equivalent Folder/Gluer experience preferred
Abilities, knowledge, and skills required are as follows:
- Ability to read standard and metric tape measures
- Experience operating production equipment
- Ability to work as part of team
- Reading comprehension
- Sit less than 1 hour and both stand or walk for 5-7 hours.
- Frequently lift/carry less than 40 lbs.
- Occasionally lift/ carry more than 40 lbs.
- Have moderate manual dexterity.
All work is performed in an indoor, climate and temperature controlled, packaging facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery.