As an Offset Press Operator, you will lead your respective team in safety, quality and productivity during the production of paperboard packaging.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all written procedures. Report discrepancies in procedures to the Operations Manager.
- Maintain good personal hygiene. Wear designated uniform maintained in good condition.
- Wear personal protective equipment as required; refer to job-specific work instructions.
- Perform all work in a safe manner. Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area.
- Listen to, follow and relay written and verbal instructions in English.
- Read production order forms and produce products according to company and customer specifications
- Must be fully knowledge and have appropriate experience to operate a perfecting 6 color or 8 color non-perfecting printing press.
- Sets ups, adjusts, and operates offset printing presses to print on various paper types and weights.
- Develops and maintains the correct pressure and registration between the plates and ink in order to obtain a clean, clear impression of the material being printed.
- Makes adjustments, cleans, lubricates press to achieve successful printing operation.
- Lift and carry supplies, operate pallet jack
- Inspects work in progress and finished materials to ensure the quality standards and accuracy of printing is being maintained.
- Resolves technical problems with presses, inks, and other solutions as necessary.
- Use quality instruments to measure quality with industry-specific equipment
- Read tape measure in metric and standard measurement systems
- Continuously perform visual inspections to ensure product meets or exceeds customer specifications.
- Count items accurately to maintain accurate inventory of materials produced, supplies used and available inventory
- Perform minor maintenance such as oiling/lubricating machine parts
- Attend required training and/or meetings: safety, quality and productivity
- Train assistant operators and others, as required, to achieve company objectives
- Actively participate in continuous improvement projects
- Communicate with other plant personnel to solve production problems, as a team
- Operate powered industrial equipment such as sit-down forklifts, clamp trucks and walk-behind pallet jacks
- Record safety, quality, production and maintenance data on various paperwork and computers as required
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the entire facility
- Perform other duties, as assigned
Education | High School Degree or GED
Experience | A minimum of 2 years’ experience operating a KBA, Komori or equivalent Offset Printing Press is preferred
Abilities, knowledge, and skills required are as follows:
- Basic electro-mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read standard and metric tape measures
- Experience operating production equipment
- Ability to work as part of team
- Reading comprehension
- Sit less than 1 hour and both stand or walk for 5-7 hours.
- Frequently lift/carry less than 40 lbs.
- Occasionally lift/ carry more than 40 lbs.
- Have moderate manual dexterity.
All work is performed in an indoor, climate and temperature controlled, packaging facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery.